Saturday, February 22, 2014

SUBTLE HINTS

It is not winter ... yet
I know it's far away
Miles from here
Like a bedtime story
At the break of day.
Like chasing a dream
As it fades.
But there are subtle hints it's coming
A winter that I don't know
If I should dread or embrace.
It's only autumn
Not even fully fall yet
And it's an Indian summer
With crisp blue skies
And warm winds that wrap around your body
Like a lover's touch.
But now and then I notice
The leaves have begun to change
Again, just subtle hints
Flecks of gold and red
Where all was once green
Like Ponyboy and Robert Frost.
Well, Eden hasn't sunk to grief yet.
Tonight I'll put away all thoughts of winter
And revel in the Indian summer
With good wine and good friends
The lovers touch and the warm wind
And dreams that will pass through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment